Congratulations on purchasing the superior CSW Railing System. Here are a few tips on how to keep your railings clean and maintained for many years.
- Clean your new railings at least twice a year using a soft sponge with a mild, non-abrasive soap and water. If you live in climates where salt and pollutants are more prevalent (industrial areas or near the ocean), then be sure to clean them more frequently. Be sure to rinse with fresh water afterwards to remove any residual soap.
- Remember to use a soft sponge, as a dry one may scratch the powder coating.
- Glass can be cleaned using a regular glass cleaning product.
- for minor scuffs and scratched, use another mild or non-abrasive product(eg: ‘Vim’ or ‘Soft Scrub’).
- During the natural aging process of the powder coating, you may notice a white “chalk” or powder that forms on the surface. This is normal and can be cleaned and polished to bring back the sheen. Some recommended products are: ‘Vim’, ‘Soft Scrub’, a cut polish, or any other non-abrasive product.
- In the event of paint or sealant spots, treat with Turpentine, Alcohol, Isopropanol, Mentholated Spirits or White Spirits.
- Be sure to remove any environmental stains (sap, bugs, tree seeds) as soon as possible to prevent too much exposure to the sun which can make these more difficult to remove.
- To avoid damaging or causing any discoloration to the railings avoid using: abrasive household cleaners, agents, harsh chemicals, strong solvents, acids, steel wool and industrial cleaners.
- Before applying any product to your Home-Rail railing system test a small, inconspicuous are first.
- Over time, fasteners may loosen and need to be tightened down as necessary. It is the responsibility of the owner to inspect theses areas once a year.
- We also recommend a light coat of floor or car wax to be applied to the tops of any exposed fasteners every 3 to 6 months to help prevent oxidation.
- Surface rust is a normal part of the aging process, and will not affect the strength or integrity of the fastener’s strength.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our office.